Category Archives: Automotive
Routine Cleaning – Believe it or not, keeping your car clean will help it last a lot longer! This includes routine interior cleaning, such as vacuuming, dusting, and sanitizing, as well as, exterior cleaning, including the underbody, windows, wheels, bumper, and all other exterior areas. Eliminating dust, dirt, and debris improves a vehicle’s performance, safety, and of course, appeal. For this reason, try to clean your car once every month.
Timely Auto Body Repair – If your vehicle experiences any sort of auto body damage, it should be repaired as soon as possible. Even a simple shopping cart scrape or minor fender-bender should be addressed right away to avoid further damage to your vehicle. Neglecting to do so will result in oxidation, rust formation, corrosion, and more.
Factory Scheduled Maintenance – This is the most important part of car care. Refer to your owners’ manual for instructions regarding your vehicle’s recommended factory scheduled maintenance. This includes vital services such as fluid changes, inspections, tire rotations, brake service, and more. Coupled with good driving habits, these routine services will keep your vehicle running smoothly and safely for many years.
Knowing the basics along with market prices is crucial in this context. That will help you invest in the right products. Here’s what you need to know about these.
I. Identifying the utility
Most of the times, car owners aren’t aware of the use and utility of wheel spacers. These play the pivotal role in enhancing your car’s performance by widening the wheel-track width. While being pushed till a certain distance, your car remains stable and straight.
II. The grip and hold
Wheel spacers hold and contain the car wheel in a firm grip. If you are planning to install wheel spacers, make sure you check the grip. The grip will be critical to ensuring unmatched performance for your vehicle. Quite naturally, this is amongst the most crucial aspects you need to know.
III. Wheel-track measurements
Since wheel spacers are directly associated with wheel tracks, it is better to check the width of your car wheels. That is the key to choosing the right products. Wheel track measurements are highly critical to performing successful installations, and you should know about it.
IV. Certifications and guarantees
Proper certifications are marks of authenticity. While buying a car wheel spacer, you should look for industry-approved certifications. Associating with top manufacturers of car wheel spacers will be of paramount significance in this context. They will always come up with top quality products.
V. Improving your car’s performance
While these are some of the highly crucial aspects worth knowing, there are other factors as well. Other than the technicalities, you should also check whether the wheel spacer improves your car’s performance or not.
Comparing the prime features of both transmission types will enable you to decide whether you want to go for a stick shift or not:
- Fuel economy – Automatic transmission vehicles eat up more fuel than manual ones. In fact, you can easily get a couple of miles per gallon more when using the stick shift by yourself.
- Acceleration – Manual transmission vehicles deliver more power to the wheels. The acceleration is superior to what you experience using an automatic. Generally speaking, manual transmissions help generate 15% more horsepower than an automatic transmission!
- Better shifting – With a stick shift, you are in complete control of the vehicle. You can decide exactly when to shift up or down depending on the rev and the perfect precision just cannot be replicated in automatic transmissions. Fact is that automatic vehicle may gear up or down even without you realizing it!
- Convenience – While manual transmission vehicles are generally fun to drive, not everyone is well-versed with the shifting. Moreover, stick shifts can get very tiring and stressful during everyday driving in slow-moving traffic and heavy jams where you need to keep shifting very frequently. Hill driving becomes especially easier with automatic gear shifts. Besides, driving an automatic vehicle gives you more freedom.
- Price tag – Manual transmission cars work out cheaper on the pocket than their automatic counterparts with the difference ranging around a $1000,
- Maintenance – It’s not just about the one-time price tag per se. Automatic transmissions demand regular maintenance; repairs and replacement can prove very costly. In contrast, the clutch plate hardly ever needs to be changed (depending on how you drive) and does not cost nearly as much to replace. And, the life of a manual transmission is almost always greater than an automatic!
And yet, automatic transmission vehicles are becoming better and less expensive by the day. With technological advancements, we are seeing much faster clutch setups, smart shifting and fuel-efficient variable transmissions as well.
Finally, irrespective of whether you trade-off cost considerations and engagement over comfort and leisure or not, always ensure that Royal Purple oils and lubricants are powering up your vehicle. Royal Purple oils and transmission fluids are suitable for both manual shift and automatic transmission vehicles and always deliver high performance.
Gather the Requisite Materials
The first thing that is to be obtained is the replacement it. Find out the kind of battery required and make a note of the car’s make, model and the size of the engine. It is crucial to set up a proper work environment as well before the it is removed. Park the vehicle on a flat and level surface and away from traffic as well as open flames. Remember that batteries contain sulphuric acid electrolyte solution that is extremely corrosive. Work with the safety goggles and gloves on.
Put on Parking Brake
This is one of the most critical strategies to adopt. Make sure while the battery is changed, the car has to be idle. When the car is parked on an incline or a fairly steady ground, the stress is put on the car’s transmission. The parking brake can stop the vehicle even if the chief brake system fails.
Remove Old Battery
To remove the old battery, you need to locate it. It can be found on an accessible section on either side of the frame of the car. It is actually a rechargeable box which has two cables attached. There are a few exceptions. Some cars have the battery stored under the mat of the trunk, some have them under the rear seat and some are inside the fender of the wheel well. Next, identify the positive and the negative terminals and disconnect the negative, followed by the positive terminal. Done? Remove the this.
Clean the Tray
Using baking soda and a battery cleaning solution, clean the signs of corrosion that may be left behind on the it’s tray. Clean it cable connectors with a wire brush. Use a battery cleaning solution to remove the signs of corrosion from the connectors.
Place New Battery
Place new battery with positive and the negative terminals on the accurate sides. Connect the screws, clamps and the bars so that it remains in its place. Connect the positive and the negative terminal and close the hood.